I had written below ways as answer for his question. Let me know if anything else can be added in the list.
- Tweet your product details and blog posts at reasonable frequency.
- Have separate Twitter accounts for different kind of topics.
- Follow people in your relevant area.
- Retweet good tweets
- Provide ReTweet buttons in your site and provide link for following you.
- Display your Twitter updates in your website.
- Search your product in Twitter and reply for the relevant tweets in the search results.
- Use Twitterfeed to automatically send your blog posts if you don't have enough time to tweet manually.
- Use Twitter Background designed for your specific needs.
- Update the Twitter profile (Bio, profile photo) properly.
- Mention your Twitter profile in your Email signatures.
- Use some kind of Bookmarklet to tweet any interesting articles easily even without loading Twitter site.
- Don't tweet frequently. Otherwise your tweets won't show in Twitter public search which is used by Google Real time Search.
- Never send spam tweets.
You can bookmark this blog for further reading, or you can subscribe to our blog feed.