Sunday, February 21, 2010

Google is irresponsible in restoring locked Blogger Blog


Today, all our blogger blogs were down for 2 hours. This issue was resolved after entering mobile verification code for re-activating my Google account which was disabled temporarily. I apologize if it causes any inconvenience to our blog readers.



I don't know why my Google Account was temporarily disabled. By doing Google search, I came to know about two possible reasons for this issue. One is Spam. I don't think it is the reason in our case. Because we are not publishing any spam content.
Next reason is security purpose. In this case I would like to thank Google for protecting my Google Account. If you have faced any similar issue you can share it thro' the comments section.

This issue reminded me another issue which continues for more than 3 months.

One of our blogger blog (http://medicalnewsarchive.blogspot.com/) was locked before 3 months. I had taken initiative to restore it back.

I entered the captcha security code many times. But it didn't help. And, I tried all steps (e.g making entry in google spreadsheet) discussed in Google support forum.

Even, I opened a new thread in Google support forum.

On 11/18/09, I posted below message in this thread.


Your Blogs URL: http://medicalnewsarchive.blogspot.com/
Browser(s) used: FireFox
Location: India

One of our blogger blog (http://medicalnewsarchive.blogspot.com/) got locked.
I had clicked "Restore Access". But still showing below message only.

We received your unlock request on November 12, 2009. On behalf of the robots, we apologize for locking your non-spam blog. Please be patient while we take a look at your blog and verify that it is not spam.

And, when I tried to access it from browser it is showing below message.

"The blog you were looking for was not found."

Is there any way to restore it quickly? I couldn't understand why blogger is showing "not found" message while it was actually locked.

This type of happenings greatly affect the reliability of Google.
Now I need to think about our other blogger blogs also.

Anyone can suggest any good alternative for migrating our blogger blogs without affecting our page rank and alexa ranking and inbound links?

Thanks,
Rajamanickam
http://www.qualitypointtech.com/


I didn't get any proper reply even after completing all the steps suggested in Google support forum. So, today I have updated the forum thread with below message.

Still (even after 3 months) the blog http://medicalnewsarchive.blogspot.com/ is in locked state only.

Any solution? Whether anybody got their blog back after getting locked by spam bots?

It is seems Google is becoming very Dangerous as it couldn't restore the blog even after 3 months. I have taken all the steps mentioned in the forum. But nothing helped.

"On behalf of the robots, we apologize for locking your non-spam blog." is the message displayed after clicking "Restore Access" . So I understand that our blog is non-spam blog. Anyway, I will be happy to make any corrections/changes if I need to make. But the the worst part is, I didn't get any message/reply irrespective of my continuous attempt to restore it.

Actually this blog is having very less content/visitors only. But I am having other blogger blogs (e.g http://www.qualitypoint.blogspot.com/) with lot of contents/visitors. So, I am trying hard to understand/resolve this issue.

And, today (February 21) I faced difficulty with my other blogger blogs also. It showed "blog removed" message. I was able to restore them only after entering mobile verification code. I don't know who can explain the reason for this blog removal issue.

Actually, I am great fan of Google especially Gmail. I have written an article about advantages of Gmail (http://qualitypoint.blogspot.com/2009/10/advantages-of-using-gmail.html) . I am actively using my Gmail Id only even when I am having email id with my own domain name.

But all these Issues (blog removal, blog locked) without any proper reply make me to think about Danger of Google.
Because, no one in Google is willing to help me to sort out this issue even after 3 months. It is really shame for Google which is my role model company.

The worst part is, Google analytic clearly shows that someone (person/bot) from Hyderabad Google office accessed our locked blog while it was not accessible to public. If it is a person, then I can assume that Google is really irresponsible as they are not sending any reply/message even after they have taken look into the locked blog. I expect them to unlock the blog early or at-least remove the blog after stating the reason.


Thanks,
Rajamanickam
http://www.qualitypointtech.com/



Really, I couldn't understand why Google is not taking any steps for restoring the locked blog, while it used to behave very smart in all other situations especially in taking steps to protect our Google accounts.

I used to wonder the smart behavior of Google in its other products such as Gmail, AdSense and adWords.

More Articles...

You can bookmark this blog for further reading, or you can subscribe to our blog feed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is there any way taht I can get my blgo back? http://jugaadworld.info

Search This Blog