After very long waiting period, finally official declaration for deal between Microsoft and Yahoo came out.
Summary of 10 years deal between Yahoo and Google is as below. It will actually happen only after they receive regulatory approval.
- Yahoo Search Marketing, Panama, will be powered by Microsoft adCenter.
- Microsoft will get "data on who's doing what online" from yahoo. It will be huge benefit for Microsoft.
- Yahoo Search will now be Powered by Microsoft Bing.
- Each company will maintain its own separate display advertising business and sales force.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said the agreement will provide Microsoft’s search engine, Bing, the scale necessary to more effectively compete, attracting more users and advertisers, which in turn will lead to more relevant ads and search results.
Still Google will be the leader in Search Market. Google currently receives 65 percent of the U.S. search engine activity, while Yahoo! controls 19.6 percent and Microsoft 8.4 percent.
You can read below articles/discussions to know what others are saying about this Deal.
It seems people are worrying about yahoo mail, thinking that it will become another hotmail.
- Microsoft-Yahoo: A Look At The Key Players
- Does Microsoft + Yahoo = A Privacy Arms Race Among Web Giants?
- Microsoft CEO surprised at Yahoo deal reception
- Yahoo gets hard look from investors following deal
- Advertisers Fear Details, but Love Microsoft-Yahoo Deal
- Yahoo-Microsoft Search Deal Leaves Newspapers on Sidelines
- Why did Bing and Yahoo hook up?
- What our Microsoft deal means to you - Carol Bartz Yahoo CEO
- Bye Bye Yahooooooooooooooooooo
- Microsoft, Yahoo Begin Joint-Assault On Google
- Microsoft and Yahoo seal web deal
- Search engine giant Google Inc said it was "interested" in Microsoft's 10-year search deal with Yahoo announced on Wednesday, adding that competition was usually good for online users.
- Microsoft/Yahoo deal should be scrutinized - senator
- Top 10 Things the Microsoft/Yahoo! Deal Changes for SEO
- Bing is the New Google, In One Way
- Microsoft and Yahoo Reach Deal on Search Partnership
- Bing will power Yahoo search; Yahoo will sell search ad services for both companies
- The new Internet-search venture between Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) and Yahoo Inc. (YHOO) is likely to face considerable scrutiny from federal antitrust regulators, according to government officials and analysts.
- We suspect we will face opposition from the competitor [Google]- Ballmer
- is this a win-win agreement for both Microsoft and Yahoo?
- What the Microsoft-Yahoo-Bing Deal Means for You
- Should Google Worry about a Microsoft-Yahoo Deal?
- Who's who in the Yahoo-Microsoft saga
- The once proud warrior of the internet space laid down its sword, knelt at the feet of Microsoft and gutted itself today.
- Despite all the ups and downs of the negotiations, in the end, Microsoft gets the one thing it wants: a bigger presence in the online search market
- Breaking down Microsoft and Yahoo's search deal
- People expected something to be sold. Nothing got sold and nothing got bought